Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving! Let's do Redwork!

The holidays are upon us! Thanksgiving in the morning and Christmas less than a month away.! Such a busy time of year! It gets crazy, making gifts, wrapping presents, cooking! Hard to think about 2014 right around the corner.

On this cold November morning I am setting in my chair with my fuzzy, warm, purring kitty Feather! Thinking about what I want to learn in the new year. We have a wonderful opportunity in February! Leslie is going to teach us all sorts of exciting things to do with Red Work embroidery. I learned to embroidery when I was about 5 or 6 and never learned the things she is planning on teach us, so I can't wait! BUT, we need enough people interested to have the class. SO, have you called Cassie to register for the class? (see previous post)

Also in the spirit of Christmas, please comment in the space below this posting and you will receive a gift at the Christmas party in December!! You do have to be a member to get a gift but that is easy also! Join us! And, please comment below!!

Marlene

6 comments:

  1. I would love to attend this class if it is on a Sat or if I don't have the grandbaby that day. We shall see.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of fun quilting lists to share:
    http://www.quiltmaker.com/blogs/quiltypleasures/2013/11/100-things-every-quilter-should-do/
    and
    http://kathrynpatterson.blogspot.com/2013/11/top-10-time-management-tips-for-quilters.html

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow quilters!
    Jean Langrill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving with family. Most of mine will be here. I will miss those that aren't but I know they are happy and well and that is most important.

    Safe travels to those that are traveling this week and winter.

    And to those I won't see between now and Christmas.. A very blessed Holiday season to you all. Merry Christmas.

    Nancy Stevens

    ReplyDelete
  5. Want to join in on the redwork fun - Leslie is a great teacher!! It will be a great class.
    Carol aka Funoldhag

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marlene,
    You were missed at the meeting last evening!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete