Friday, October 16, 2009

Working on Machine Buttonhole Applique

Yesterday, I (Funoldhag-Carol) taught a class in machine buttonhole applique at the Chapel Lane Presbyterian Church.
The class sample followed by ones in progress by some of the girls taking the class.
Linda doing hers in batiks.

Kathy has hers in hand dyed fabrics and all fused to the background.

I think this is Pam's very pretty block.


Nancy's pretty piece.

Here I am at my Bernina. Fourteen of my fellow quilters turned out to work on this fun method and I thoroughly enjoyed myself and hope they came away feeling like it was time well spent.

Deb concentrates on using a template to draw leaves on fusible web. Linda is tracing part of the pattern.


Sandra hard at work while Jean also uses a circle template to mark the fusible web for the grapes in the pattern.


Shirley concentrates on practice stitching and Johanna is cutting out applique pieces.



Nancy working with the fusible web and Joanne cutting out leaves.


A big smile from Barbara while Judy is really concentrating.


Kathy irons the fused shapes to her fabric and here is Carrie working on her fused block.


Pam is tracing shapes while Tam is working on the practice piece everyone did at the beginning of the class.

What fun to see the different fabrics and colors the girls chose. You can be sure they all pass with flying colors, and I hope they will bring their pieces - finished or unfinished - to the November meeting. (Click to enlarge)